FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Welcome to the Kia Owners Club Forums!

If you're new here, please introduce yourself in the Newbies Kia Forum, we have forums for each Kia Model so please make sure you post in the correct forum.

1.6 GDI mpg

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
on_the_verge View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote on_the_verge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 9:21pm
Done a few miles today round town and to watch the mighty blades in Sheffield and covered about 25/30 miles with an mpg of 21.........

Other than that the car is fantastic.....
Sponsored Links

Rav3177 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rav3177 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 10:01pm
A 1.6 petrol turbo heavy car like the shortage don't give you amazing mpg. Stop worrying about mpg and just enjoy it.
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote on_the_verge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Mar 2017 at 10:34pm
Originally posted by Rav3177 Rav3177 wrote:

A 1.6 petrol turbo heavy car like the shortage don't give you amazing mpg. Stop worrying about mpg and just enjoy it.

Think your right, cos today the car was bloody amazing! Lovely to drive and comfy to be in....my lads love it in the back with the reclining seats.....think it's time to sit back stop worrying and enjoy it

Edited by on_the_verge - 18 Mar 2017 at 10:35pm
Cog View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2017 at 6:53pm
Had a motorway run down to the coast and back and got 40mpg on the way home.
Brecks View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brecks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 3:41pm
Wink Looks about right for a petrol drinker.
selkirkchris View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote selkirkchris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 9:16pm
My 1.6 GDI has now covered in excess of 4.5K miles, average MPG since new is just under 42MPG. Today I did a run of 250 miles and it returned just under 50MPG.
KeithC View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KeithC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 9:36pm
I think we all accept that manufacturers laboratory figs are generally unattainable in every day driving. After 12 months & 8k miles the only checks I have done is on uninterrupted journeys on cruise control. At 30mph 50 mpg, at 70mph 42mpg, mixed speed roads no hold ups over circa 30 miles 40mpg. This compares very favourably to my previous Captiva 2.2d auto at 35, 42 & 35mpg.
GT-Line 1.6 auto black
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote on_the_verge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2017 at 11:17pm
Think I will keep an eye on it as ours seems to be down on most people's figures....love the car but my M3 was returning similar figures round town......
Brecks View Drop Down
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brecks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2017 at 8:33am
What at 56 MPH?.Sleepy
Groupie
Groupie

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote on_the_verge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2017 at 10:40pm
Balls to it, car is great, lovely to drive, quick in sport mode, kids love it, wife loves it, looks awesome......£ for £ best car on the road!!! thread closed
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic